Hello, Hello Crafty friends!
I've got a couple of shaker cards to share with you this week that were inspired by this week's TGIF Challenges #362.
This beautiful trio of colors gave me the opportunity to create a baby boy card and a baby girl shaker card. I really did need them and had to snatch the opportunity to make some, PLUS I had to use the *All For Baby Bundle before it retires at the end of April.
*Please Note: unfortunately, the Stamp Set is no longer available but you can still order the coordinating dies, if you don't have them.
The original version of the card came out like this one below.
While I think it's still cute, I kicked it up a notch and ended up making a few changes:
- Using the same color of cardstock for the base of the card
- Adding score lines at the top and bottom of the card front
- moved the sentiment towards the bottom of the card
Once I made the above changes, I feel like this is a better version of the card. Don't you agree?
Below is the baby-girl version of the card. I'm LOVING this Gorgeous Grape color!
Gather the supplies that I list in the following link along with a few measurements below and follow along with me in my video tutorial further down! https://s.tamp.in/oP7tI7
- Card Base: 4-1/4" x 11" cardstock, scored at 5-1/2" along the length
- Card front: 4" x 5-1/4" cardstock ; use a 2-3/4" circle die to cut the center.
- background piece: 4-1/2" x 3-1/4" shimmery white cardstock
- Window piece: 3-1/4" x 3-1/4" window sheet
I have to mention that I failed to add the little bows of linen thread on each end of the "clothesline" in my video. Oops!!! Make sure you don't skip that part!
Don't forget to stock up on your favorite products before they’re gone for good! Lots of items are already gone! Save up to 50% on essential craft supplies. Again, this selection of Last Chance Products are only available while supplies last.
Head over to my blog post to know the details.
Thank you so much for taking a look at today's cut combo of projects!!!
Until next time...