Tuesday, March 29, 2022

TGIFC361 - A pop of color using "What's Cookin'"

Hello Crafty Friends! Welcome, welcome!!!

This week I have a combo of projects that I created as part of the TGIF Challenges #361 - Color Pop.


My take on the challenge was to create something using the neutral colors that get incorporated with Farmhouse Decor. I've seen black & white gingham pattern, wood, burlap, chalkboard, white and a touch of soft green tones such as the example I show below. 

I really wanted to put my stamp set - What's Cookin' Bundle to good use before it retires from the Stampin' UP! 2021-2022 Annual Catalog at the end of April (so sad!). 

Side note: There's a lot of retiring products being used here and the "What's Cookin' Bundle" is no longer available. Only the dies show to be available. You can take a look at what's retiring when you check my blog post or go to my Online Store.

So, with all that said, I created a 12"x12" frame piece and a matching card. Although the Pop of Color doesn't scream at you, I believe the centerpiece of Just Jade (also retiring) along with the Daffodil Delight gingham ribbon added a slight pop of color to each project sample. That Just Jade color really does draw the eye, don't you think?



Frame-piece making Tips:

  • The finished size is 12"x12". I didn't put it in a frame but I believe a dark wood frame or even a solid black frame would look great for this piece.
  • I used a layout that was shared by a fellow SU! demonstrator, Sandy McManus
    • The dimensions for all the pieces are as follows:
      1- 3"x3", 4- 2"x2", 4- 1-1/2" x 1-1/2", 4- 1-1/4" x 1-1/4", 16- 1"x1"
    •  
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Frame-piece making Supplies:

Click on the following link to obtain a list of supplies used but remember to shop quickly because some of these items will sell out soon!: https://s.tamp.in/mdJp2b 

 

Card-making Tips:

This card is very simple and clean and doesn't take very long to assemble in comparison to the frame-piece.

card front

card inside

  • The card finished size is 4-1/4" x 5-1/2".
  • The Just Jade piece measures 2-1/4" x 4"
  • Randomly stamp the veggies image onto the Just Jade cardstock piece using Just Jade ink.
  • The cutting board that is cut from the In Good Taste DSP, is adhered onto the Just Jade piece with dimensionals.
  • The 6" piece of Black & White Gingham Ribbon was colored using a dark Daffodil Delight Stampin' Blend.
  • The black and white gingham paper is from the Pattern Party Host DSP (retiring) 
  • For the inside of the card, some of the same elements were brought in. 
  • For the spoon and bowl, cut a slit in the center and towards the top of the bowl so you can slightly insert the spoon. Trim the spoon handle that hangs off the edge of the card.

Card-making Supplies:

Click on the following link to obtain a list of supplies used but remember to shop quickly because some of these items will sell out soon!:https://s.tamp.in/yDjtRD

 

I've certainly enjoyed creating this week's combo of projects using the What's Cookin' Bundle and am very sad it's going away! 

Be sure to take a look at the retiring list when you check my blog post or go to my Online Store.

until next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment