Wednesday, February 3, 2021

#TGIFC301 - Mad for Plaid - A masculine Birthday Card

 Hello Crafty friends! 

I'm returning today as I participate in this week's TGIFC challenge #TGIFC301 - Mad for Plaid


One of TGIF's designers, Stesha Bloodhart, challenged us to create a project using some plaid. I'm a big fan of her work and don't think I could meet up to her standards but I will take on the challenge, regardless.

I decided to work on a masculine birthday card for my brother, who just turned 22 years old yesterday. I did CASE the layout for the card shown on page 178 of the Stampin' UP! 2020-2021 Annual Catalog.


As I thought through the layout, I figured some plaid balloons would be perfect for a masculine card! This is my final design.


 Tips for making this card

  • Use the coordinating colors from the Well Suited Designer Series Paper from page 67 of the 2021 January-June Mini Catalog:
  • I did use the Buffalo Check Background Stamp onto some Basic Gray, Pacific Point and Poppy Parade cardstock for a more subtle plaid look to the balloons.
  • Add some shine with Silver Foil for the balloon strings and stars.
  • The "birthday" sentiment was heat embossed with silver embossing powder.
  • Finish off the card with the "to you" sentiment in silver embossing and some more plaid.  
 


Project Supplies
Click on the following link to view any of the products used for this project https://s.tamp.in/tV_Qv5 


This is all I have for you today! I'd love to hear your thoughts on today's plaid-themed and masculine card, so comment below. 

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment