Tuesday, February 23, 2021

TGIFC304 - Darling Donkeys meets Approaching Perfection

 Hello Crafty Friends!

This week's TGIFC challenge is all about Sale-a-Bration! 


If you haven't heard of Sale-a-bration yet then you must know that this is Stampin' UP!'s most popular promotion of the year!... and there's ONLY 5 days left before it ends.

During Sale-A-Bration, you can earn FREE products for every $50 or $100 you spend. Choose between two purchasing levels of free products, Level 1 and Level 2. Stampin Up!'s video below describes it best...

You can view the Sale-a-bration brochure here.

For my Sale-a-bration creation, I chose to put together an interactive slider card using the Darling Donkeys and the Approaching Perfection stamp sets.
 


 

I admit this card was quite involved and did take some time to put together. It took me 3 tries to get it looking the way I wanted it. However, don't let this stop you from giving it a shot! You'll probably have better luck than me! he he he.

My Tips
  • The slider card was made using Jennifer McGuire's tutorial. I did make some adjustments to the dimensions based on the die I used as follows:
    • Use the Stitched Rectangle die that measures 3 3/4" x 4 1/8" (outside dimensions). 
    • The inside slider tab measures 3 5/8" x 5 1/2".
  • For the inside slider tab, I used a non-Stampin' UP! stamp set called One-of-a-kind by Honey Bee Stamps.
  • For the card front, I recommend cutting out the partial rectangle first before embossing the Just Jade cardstock with the Brick and Mortar embossing folder.
  • Use the So Much Happy bundle to stamp and cut out the balloon. For the balloon string, make sure to cut out two (2) and adhere on top of one another for a sturdy reinforcement since this will only be adhered at the donkey's mouth. 
    • You could cut out a sliver of a mini dimensional to help stabilize the balloon string a little more, placing it just below the score line where it folds up.
  • Use the Ornate Borders dies for the strip of black border towards the bottom of the card front.
  •  The inside of the card was kept pretty simple as shown below.

Supply List
Please click on the following link for the supplies used to make this project: https://s.tamp.in/Rz6U03 
  • As I had mentioned above, the only non-Stampin' UP! stamp set I used was for the slider tab. 
  • The Approaching Perfection stamp set was also used for the sentiments and not populated in the supply list above.

I sure appreciate you stopping by and don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or you may comment below. 

Until next time ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment