Sunday, February 14, 2021

#TGIFC303 Sketch Challenge with Shark Frenzy

 Welcome Crafty Friends! 

I'm sharing with you this week's challenge from TGIF Challenges


This week we needed to come up with a project that goes with the card sketch shown above.

I chose to use the most fun Shark Frenzy bundle from page 46 of the 2021 Mini Catalog by Stampin' UP!. This set is simply a genius design!


I immediately had the thought of breaking up the small blue shaded square in the sketch into 4 smaller squares. I knew I wanted it to be colorful and so I wanted to give the "4 box pop art" a try. 

Here's an example of what I mean by that. You could search the internet for this and find many examples of this.


Here's my version of the sketch along with the "4 box pop art" design.


I figured I could kill two birds with one stone by making a couple of coordinating gift boxes for my two boys for Valentine's Day so I grabbed some of those tiny clear boxes and decorated the front. Super quick and easy! 



MY TIPS 
>> Use the Whale of a Time DSP (designer series paper) to cut out a 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" piece then stamp the "Doo Doo Doo..." sentiment using Pacific Point ink. Adhere to card front.

>> Use the 2nd smallest stitched square (1 3/4" x 1 5/8") from the Stitched Shapes dies to cut out 4 different colors from the DSP.

>> Stamp the baby shark in different shades as shown. I used Granny Apple Green, Just Jade, Bumblebee and Calypso Coral. Cut out with coordinating die and adhere with dimensionals to the center of the stitched squares.

>> Use the Adhesive sheets to adhere onto a piece of Basic White cardstock and use the bubbles die to cut out and adhere as shown. 

>> The "baby shark" sentiment was stamped with Versamark ink onto Basic Black cardstock then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I cut the sentiment out with my Paper Snips and different angles to make it look playful. I CASED this idea from the "I love you daddy" card sample shown in the catalog.

>> for the inside of the card, I used the Stampin' Write markers to color directly onto the "I love you" stamp using Granny Apple Green, Just Jade, Bumblebee and Calypso Coral

>> For the little gift boxes, I used a solid heart from the Stitched Be Mine dies and cut out from the DSP. The rest of the design is similar to the card but I did finish it off by wrapping a piece of Misty Moonlight ribbon. 


SUPPLIES

Use the following link to view the list of supplies used for these projects: https://s.tamp.in/aJxosI 


This is all for today... until next time... 

2 comments:

  1. Such a cute card Jessica and a clever adaptation of the sketch and pop art box. I love it!!!! Thanks for playing along with TGIF Challenges this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the kind words! It was a super fun sketch to work with!

      Delete