Tuesday, January 26, 2021

#TGIFC300 Inspiration from Snailed It Bundle & You are Amazing Kit

Welcome to my post this week that features the #TGIFC300 Challenge from TGIF Challenges that asked us to provide a project that gives inspiration from the Stampin' UP! January-June 2021 Mini catalog. 

As for me, I was inspired by the color combination of Flirty Flamingo, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody and Pretty Peacock that's in page 7 of the Mini Catalog. 


I knew I wanted to use these colors along with the Snailed It Bundle from page 55 of the mini catalog so I got to work and after 3 different tries, I came up with this card.


I absolutely loved the "Don't Hurry, be happy" saying when I came upon it on my internet search and knew I had to put it on my card somehow. 

Tips on creating the "Don't hurry, be happy" Card











  • Use the polka-dotted Pretty Peacock card front from the You Are Amazing Project Kit to cut out the word "hurry" using the Playful Alphabet dies.

  • Use the Granny Apple Green Stampin' Blends Combo pack to color the little snail then added some shimmery crystal effects (retired) to make him look slimy. I added some wiggly eyes (non-SU!) to him as well. As for his shell, I used the Granny Apple Green/white Baker's Twine from the project kit to create a swirl inside his shell.
  • Handwrite the words "don't" and "be" since I couldn't find a good coordinating font with the word "happy" from the Snailed It stamp set.
  • Cut out the mushrooms from basic white cardstock using the Snail dies and adhered them randomly using tombow glue. If I made this card again, I would prefer to stick some double sided adhesive to the cardstock prior to making my cuts because the tombow got too messy.
SHOP for the products I used to make this card at my Online Store

The First Two Cards...

I actually had created two other cards before the one above and I believe these would be runner's up to the final card I decided on. I partnered the inspiration colors from the Project Kit along with the coordinating You Are Amazing stamp set.

The first card I created below is a shaker card. The most unique part about this card was that I used the baby-wipe technique to stamp the stars in the four different colors around the edge of the white cardstock in the background.



This next card is more simple. I colored the mushrooms and the snail using the Stampin Blends in the 4 colors I mentioned above and added some shimmery crystal effects to make the snail look slimy. I used the "thanks" sentiment from the You Are Amazing stamp set and used white heat embossing onto basic black cardstock.





This is all I have for you today and hope you are inspired and excited to create your own projects using the Snailed It Bundle! It's so much fun!

Until next time... 





2 comments:

  1. The mushrooms. The twine shell. The googley eyes!!!! The “don’t hurry” card is the CUTEST!!! I am definitely going to have to CASE that one. So simple and so well done. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind comments! I'm so glad you enjoyed this card and please do CASE away and have fun!

      Delete