Tuesday, January 19, 2021

#TGIFC299 - Drybrush Background onto 'Oh So Ombre' Designer Paper

 Hello Crafty Friends! 

I'm coming to you with a challenge I have completed from TGIF Challenges. This week's challenge #tgifc299 is to use your background stamps. 


I have to be honest and tell you that I don't use my background stamps as much as I would like and I'm so glad this challenge came up to get my creative juices flowing...

The entry I submitted uses the Drybrush background stamp. My intent was to make a subtle background with this stamp onto some Oh So Ombre paper from the Sale-a-bration promotion that I earned for FREE for every $50 I spent.

I made a monochromatic card and heat embossed the background onto the Blackberry Bliss shade of the Oh So Ombre paper using clear embossing powder. 


This card features the beautiful Art Gallery Bundle from page 34 of the 2021 January-June Mini Catalog by Stampin' UP!.



I was so excited at how this turned out that I had to try at least one more color... Bermuda Bay.


I must say that these pictures don't do the card much justice. When you see it in person, it is very sparkly and shiny! I LOVE all the sparkle and shine!!!


Tips for creating the card
  • Base of card measures 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"; the white mat measures 4 1/16" x 5 5/16"; Oh So Ombre DSP was cut to 4" x 5 1/4"
  • Use clear embossing powder and your heat tool to heat emboss the stamped Drybrush background onto your Oh So Ombre DSP piece.
  • Use the two largest stitched scallop rectangles from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and cut from vellum to place in the center of the card front.
  • I adhered a sheet of the DSP onto a sheet of adhesive foam then cut out the sentiment "just want to say" using the Floral Gallery dies from the bundle. I love how this "pops" on the card!
  • For the Blackberry Bliss card - I used the Blackberry Bliss, Rich Razzleberry and Mossy Meadow stampin' write markers to color onto my photopolymer stamp then stamp it onto a piece of Basic White cardstock. 
  • For the Bermuda Bay card - I used the Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana and Granny Apple Green stampin' write markers to color onto my photopolymer stamp then stamp it onto a piece of Basic White cardstock. 
  • I stamped the top right flower again onto a piece of Basic white cardstock and fussy-cut it to layer on top of the flower bouquet for some added layering.
  • I brushed some Wink of Stella onto the flowers then added some Shimmery Crystal Effects (retired) to give it some depth and shine.
  • For the Blackberry Bliss card - I used a 6" piece of the Purple Posy 1/2" ribbon and tied a bow to adhere onto the flower bouquet.
  • For the Bermuda Bay card - I used 6" of the Coastal Cabana 1/4" ribbon and tied a bow to adhere onto the flower bouquet.
  • I kept the inside of the card pretty simple as shown below.


This is all I have for you today! I do hope you enjoyed today's post and are inspired to use your background stamps! comment below and let me know how often you use your background stamps... I'd love to know!

Until next time... 

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow. I love how you've used the background stamp on the ombre DSP. It looks amazing. Thanks for playing along with TGIF Challenges this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure appreciate it! I'm glad that I participated.

      Delete