Thursday, January 21, 2021

Handsomely Suited Birthday Card

 Hello Crafty Friends! I made an update on this blog post to include a video tutorial along with a pdf tutorial of this project. Scroll towards the bottom of this post to check it out!

I'm so excited to share with you my latest creation using the Handsomely Suited Bundle from the 2021 January-June Mini Catalog by Stampin' UP!


It's a struggle to make masculine cards and I accepted my own personal challenge to make a birthday card for my brother who is really into Japanese Anime, one of which is Naruto. In this case, I used this Suite to put together a birthday card that features Naruto's jacket. 


Here's what I came up with...

 
 
The finished dimensions on this card is 4 1/4" x 6.5", since the pull up tab adds 1" to the height of the card.

Tips on making the card

  • I used the long rectangular stitched die to cut out the "zipper" by  extending the length to 6.5", since the die itself only cuts to about 5 3/4". If you don't know this little trick, check out Connie Stewart's video tutorial on how to lengthen/shorten your paper using your dies.
  • I then cut this stitched rectangle in half and switched the sides so that the stitched parts meet in the middle. Oddly enough, the rectangle didn't cut exactly even, which provided me the opportunity to have it look like it's open towards the top/neck of the card.
  • I used the small die that's originally meant as a suspender clip to be the "zipper pull" and popped it up on a dimensional. 
  • I rounded the top corners of the card-front so they look like shoulders.
  • The Pumpkin Pie (orange) pieces measure 1" x 4 1/4" and I simply adhered them as shown using tombow glue after embossing them with the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.
  • For the pull-up piece of the inside of the card, I used a 3 7/8" x 6.5" piece of Basic Gray cardstock and cut the top two corners to create the "neck" of the jacket and embossed it with the Tasteful Textile Embossing folder.
  • For the Naruto character, I just googled images and this one seemed to fit what I wanted on the inside. I printed him out on my ink-jet printer and fussy-cut him to adhere onto the white piece of cardstock (3.5" x 5").


Check out my video below on how I created this card

 

 Supplies Used
Click HERE for a copy of the PDF tutorial to make this project.

The following link will provide you the opportunity to add any of the current items used to make this card onto your shopping cart at my Online Store: https://s.tamp.in/_XtJDc 

  • Cardstock: Basic Black, Basic Gray, Silver Foil, Pumpkin Pie
  • Stamps & Dies: Handsomely Suited Bundle, Many Messages Bundle
  • Ink: versamark ink pad & refill 
  • Tools: white embossing powder, Stampin' Cut & Emboss machine
  • Embossing folder: Tasteful Textile
  • Ribbon & Trim: silver metallic thread (retired from 2019-2020 Annual catalog)

I do hope you've enjoyed this post and are inspired to make your own masculine card for whatever occasion, using this awesome bundle! 

Until next time ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment