Wednesday, May 10, 2023

A barrel of monkeys slimline Card

Hello Crafty Friends!!!

I'm coming back to you to share my crazy monkey creation that was inspired by this week's TGIF Challenge #419.

419
I was super excited to play with Stampin' UP!'s adorable Little Monkey Bundle, located on page 52 of the Annual Catalog. 
little%20monkey%20bundle
I'm in need of more baby cards to have ready to give away and this stamp set is just right for that!

I created a Popular Slimline Card with a barrel full of Berry Burst monkeys. I thought that a card like this for a mom of multiple kids with a new baby would be fun to receive! Don't you think?!

monkey-card-front2

monkey-card-closeup

Cardmaking Tips:

  • Finished size is 8.5" x 3.5".
  • The "barrel" was created by cutting 2 sets of Gray Granite baskets using the Full Basket Dies (retired). One basket was turned upside down and set against the top of the other basket. I made sure to trim the side edges of the solid background layer to smooth it out for a better "barrel" look.
  • Trim off the flesh of the banana to just leave the banana peel. I thought just the banana peels laying around gave the feel of crazy monkeys, LOL!
  • Finish off the inside of the card with a monkey savoring his banana!
monkey-card-inside

(Updated 5/15/23) Watch the video tutorial:

I've created a video tutorial for your viewing pleasure. Please Note that I am aware of the crackling in the audio and I'm working on trying to fix that for my next video. So sorry about that!!!


 

Cardmaking Supplies:


Thank you so much for joining me today! I sure hope you enjoyed today's project and are inspired to create a barrel full of monkeys of your own.
Until Next time...


4 comments:

  1. WOW Awesome fun card design, love the use of Berry Burst for the Monkeys..... such fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! It truly was a FUN card to create!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome, I just thought you had put so much thought and work into your design, from the embossed fern background, making the barrel and the placement of all the monkeys and of course the banana's. It's such a winning card design in all aspects for me all around

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed it DID take some time to figure out the layout! I initially had started with a standard size card and the barrel was too large so that's what prompted the slimline size. Lots of work but SO worth the fun!

    ReplyDelete