Saturday, August 14, 2021

#TGIFC329 Sketch Challenge Meets 'To the Moon'

 Hello Crafty Friends! 

I'm so excited to share the fact that I finally got to use the To the Moon stamp set. I've been itching to find an occasion to use it and I went ahead and gave it a go with this week's TGIF Sketch Challenge #329.

 


 


 

I'm quickly finding that I'm in need of cards that will fit into the Congratulations category for new baby or for retirement, so this card would fit either of those occasions.



As with any sparkly and shiny card, the pictures doesn't do it justice! This lovely Be Dazzling specialty paper glimmers and sparkles in every direction! This paper is so fitting with the moon and the background of this card! 

The background was inspired by a pin I found on Pinterest as I searched for pins related to the night sky. 

 


 


 I will soon be posting Here's a video tutorial on how I created this card later this week. But until then, see my tips below. (Updated 8/19/21)

 


Cardmaking Tips

  • The Blackberry Bliss cardstock card base measures 4 1/4" x 5.5" 
  • The background piece is cut to 3 3/4" x 4" and is layered onto a piece of the Be Dazzling specialty paper that measures 4 1/8" x 3 7/8" .
  • Use Blackberry Bliss, Rich Razzleberry, and Night of Navy inks along with the blending brushes to create the night sky background. A few sprinkles from a blend of white re-inker and water is a quick way of creating the stars.
  • The background piece has the corners cut out using a 1/2" circle punch.
  • Use Stazon ink to stamp the moon image onto the Silver Foil paper (matte finish). Cut the moon using the 2 3/4" circle die. 
  • For the sentiment, cut a 1/2" x 3 3/4" strip of Silver Foil (mirrored finish) and stamp the sentiment onto the strip using Stazon ink. Use the Banners Pick a punch to finish off the ends.
  • Use the stars and swirls die from the Stitched Stars Dies out of the Be Dazzling specialty paper and place onto the card front as shown.
  • The inside of the card is kept simple while using some of the leftover pieces from the stars and swirls cut out. The "congratulations" sentiment was stamped using Blackberry Bliss ink.

 


 


Cardmaking Supplies

For a full list of all the supplies used in creating this card (minus the Be Dazzling specialty paper), click on the following link: https://s.tamp.in/mdzrEx 


Let me know your thoughts about my creation for this week's challenge! I'd Love to hear from you in the comments below.


Until Next Time ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment