Saturday, August 28, 2021

Saying goodbye with Delicate Dahlias

 Hello Crafty Friends!

I have a card sample that I created for a friend and co-worker of mine that will be moving into a new chapter of life in her career. 

I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to use the Delicate Dahlias stamp set from the 2021 Sale-a-Bration brochure.  This exclusive stamp set can only be earned for FREE when you purchase $50 or more in current Stampin' UP! products.

This sweet card is not the typical card size. I made it larger so that our office folks can have plenty of room to sign it. The finished card size is A9 (5 1/2 x 8 1/2).

 

 I CASE-D (Copy And Share Everything) this card from Simone Bartrum that had a few project ideas she showed on Pinterest. I loved the layout she created for the card and I made my card similar with a few different elements and different colors: Polished Pink and Mint Macaron. 

Cardmaking Tips

  • finished card size is 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" from Polished Pink cardstock.
  • The Basic White mat measures 5" X 8"
  • The Mint Macaron piece measures 4 1/4" x 7 7/8"
  • Use the Scalloped Contour Die to trim the left edge of the Mint Macaron piece after stamping the Dahlia images using Mint Macaron ink.
  • Cut 2- 1/4" strips of the Be Dazzling Specialty Paper to adhere toward the left edge of the Mint Macaron piece. (This is only available for FREE as part of the Sale-a-bration promotion).
  • The Dahlias, small flowers, and leaves are stamped on Basic White cardstock and fussy cut to adhere to the card front with dimensionals.
  • The last little touch is to place some 2021-2023 In-Color jewels as shown.
  • The inside of the card is kept simple and the sentiment is from the Inspired Thoughts stamp set.

Card Supplies
The following link is a list of all the supplies used to make this card, except for the Sale-a-bration products (Be Dazzling Paper, Delicate Dahlias Stamp set): https://s.tamp.in/Yrli51 



I do hope that this card will bring a smile to my friend's face and that she will treasure all the best wishes that our office group wrote inside the card. 

If you would like to earn the FREE Delicate Dahlias stamp set, head over to my Online Store to begin shopping.

Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to comment below this post! I'd love to hear from  you.


Until next time ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment