Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Nuts & Bolts Birthday Slimline Card

Hello crafty friends and a very happy February 1st to you!

I've got a birthday card for you this week. This one I created for my sweet brother using the Nuts & Bolts stamp set along with the Slim Sayings stamp set and coordinating Slim Card dies. I'm always in need of making masculine cards and they are a challenge to make!




It seems appropriate to use the Simply Marbleous DSP from the Sale-a-bration brochure for these robots, doesn't it? This is a good way to get that metal look.


 Cardmaking Tips:

  • Use Misty Moonlight cardstock for the cardbase which measures 3-5/8" x 8-5/8".
  • Since the Simply Marbleous DSP is only 6"x6", I had to extend the paper for the background piece and the frame by adhering 2 separate pieces together. You really can't tell where the seams are unless you inspect it very closely.
  •  Those cute little robots were stamped onto the backside of the Hydrangea Hill Mercury Glass Acetate with Stazon ink then fussy-cut. I then cut out the same robots on Pool Party Cardstock and adhered them behind the acetate.
  • Trim off the gear that the robot is holding and extend the line from below his hand towards the top to make it look like he's holding a balloon. I used an 1/8"x 1" strip of the Hydrangea acetate then drew a line with my black sharpie pen. 
  • Those adorable little party hats are from the Awesome Otters stamp set from the Sale-a-bration brochure. Use the Smoky Slate, So Saffron and Balmy Blue Stampin' Blend markers to color the hats.
  •  Finish off the card front with a few black Adhesive Backed hexagons on the top left and bottom right corners to look like rivets.
  •  Be sure to keep your scrap pieces you cut from the Simply Marbleous DSP so you can use them throughout the card as you see on the inside piece in the picture below.
 


Cardmaking Supplies:
 
 I really appreciate you joining me this week! I would LOVE to hear from you about your thoughts on this card in the comments section below! 
 
Until next time ... 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment