Saturday, May 29, 2021

A "Measure of Love" pop-up stand alone card

Wahoo! Friday Saturday has arrived and I realize I'm a bit late in making this week's post... I had a lot of my daytime job work to do before the week's end.


I had originally planned to post my latest creation as part of TGIF Challenge #317 but didn't meet the deadline for the entry but either way, I will share what I put together.

I've been playing with the lovely Measure of Love stamp set from page 32 of the 2021-2022 Annual Catalog by Stampin' UP! So many possibilities with this stamp set!

I have two creations to share with you. One is a pop-up stand alone card. The other is a CASE from a sample on page 32 of the catalog. 

This pop-up stand alone card was created using a template that was provided by Dawn Griffith. I did make some minor adjustments as you'll see below.

 


 


I created a PDF tutorial for you which can also be downloaded in the FREE Tutorials tab at the top of this page. 

You can view the list of supplies used for this project at the following link or within the PDF tutorial: https://s.tamp.in/gWKdsy


MEASURE OF LOVE - CASE CARD

As I had mentioned, I did CASE (copy and share everything) the card sample that's shown on the left side of page 32 of the catalog, with a few changes.


When I saw this sample, I just had to CASE it! I love everything about this card.. the colors, the layout, the entire design! 

Here is my version of this card.

 


 


 Cardmaking Tips

  • Use the Pattern Party DSP that contains the colors: Mango Melody, Crushed Curry, Pool Party, Granny Apple Green and Misty Moonlight.  
  • The 3" x 5" Basic White piece was embossed using the Checks and Dots embossing folder and placed 1/4" from the right side of the card base.
  • The "shelfs" that the bowls are sitting on measure 1/2" x 2 1/4", cut from the In Good Taste DSP.
  • The scale was stamped on Basic White cardstock using Memento ink and was colored in using the Pale Papaya Stampin' Blends markers. 
  • The two bowls were stamped onto Basic White cardstock using Pool Party ink and also Misty Moonlight ink then fussy cut. 
  •  The inside of the card uses a few of the same elements as the card front by layering 3 different strips of paper: 1/2" x 4 1/4" from Pattern Party DSP, 1/2" x 4" from In Good Taste DSP, 1/2" x 3" from Pool Party cardstock.

Card Supplies
Click on the following link to access the full list of supplies used for this project: https://s.tamp.in/MRsIRo


This is all I have for you this week! I'll be back next week for another project.

Until next time... 






No comments:

Post a Comment