Thursday, April 22, 2021

#TGIFC312 - A Vintage Hello Card

 Hello crafty friends! 

I am returning to my craft space in time for this week's TGIF Technique Challenge #312 - Very Vintage.


I really struggle with vintage cards and they are not my forte so this challenge was definitely a challenge for me! As I searched for vintage inspiration, I came upon this picture that became my choice to create a card similar to the colors shown in here. I love that pop of blue in the cabinet in the background so I built my inspiration from that.


Below is my version of a Vintage Card. As you may see, I used the blue and brown from the cabinet, the purple hues from the vase of flowers, the dark blue brick background and the black and white in the table cover. 

 


 





 Tips to create the card

  • I tried to re-create the cabinet using my Drybrush Background stamp and Coastal Cabana ink then sponged some Cinnamon Cider ink in the white areas and edges and ran it thru the Pinewood planks embossing folder.
  • The cabinet dimensions are 2 3/4" x 4 3/4". The two larger panels on the bottom measure 2 1/2" x 1". The two smaller panels on the top measure 1 1/2" x 1". 
  • the top two panels have a piece of Acetate from the Fine Art Floral DSP that measures 3/4" x 1 1/4".
  • If you look closely at the panels, I used my scoring board to score around each panel, 1/8" in from from all four sides. 
  • The Country Home stamp set is one of my favorite stamp sets and have to use it a bit more before it retires in May.
  • Use the following Stampin' Blends to color the flower arrangement: Highland Heather, Rich Razzleberry, Mossy Meadow, Bronze (for the bottoms of the cotton flowers). I used the color lifter on the Bronze so it wouldn't be so bold. 
  • Use the True Love DSP and the 2nd largest stitched shape oval for the "tabletop" then adhere a piece of vellum on top, to mute the colors a bit.
  • The inside of the card was sponged around the edges with Coastal Cabana ink and Cinnamon Cider ink.

Supply List

For a full list of supplies used, minus the Stitched Shape Dies (not orderable) click on the following link: 

Let me know what you think about this week's card challenge. Do you enjoy vintage techniques? Comment below!

Until next time... 

No comments:

Post a Comment