Thursday, April 1, 2021

#TGIFC309 - DSP with the 'In Bloom' stamp set & Gilded Leafing

 Hello Crafty Friends!

I'm returning for another fun blog post inspired by this week's TGIF Challenges #309 -  a designer take-over. Tanya Rees has challenged us to stamp your own DSP (designer series paper). 

I've been itching to use my In Bloom Bundle and so this was a good opportunity to do it!

I decided to create a flowery DSP and add a little shine and pizzaz with my Gilded Leafing. This was done on an 8.5" x 11" piece of Basic White Cardstock.



You can watch my video below on how I did this.


As for the final product using my DSP, I put together a 3" x  3" card with a matching Curvy Keepsake box. I'm LOVING the spring colors, especially the purple hues of Purple Posy and Highland Heather!



TIPS on making the Card:


>> Finished dimension: 3" x 3".
>> The "DSP" was cut to 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" and matted with a 3" x 6" piece of Purple Posy cardstock.
>> I lengthened the stitched frame by using the technique where you partially cut the Purple Posy cardstock with the die twice. See instructions below. ** The important thing to note is that the top cutting plate needs to be fed into the Stampin' Cut machine first. Otherwise, you will have problems with the die moving or not advancing at all if you feed it with the die edge first.
>> Use the Springtime Joy stamp set for the sentiment and the little butterfly.
>> The little butterfly was colored with the Seaside Spray (for wings), Highland Heather (for dots on wings), Old Olive (for body) Stampin' Blends.
>> cut two stitched flowers and curl the petals of one of the flowers then layer with a dimensional for some extra dimension.
>> the inside of the card was kept simple. I cut out one of the flowers that I stamped to create the DSP and adhered it to a 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" piece of basic white cardstock.


TIPS on making the Box:


>> I used the regular-sized Curvy Keepsake box dies, but if you hurry, you can purchase the Mini Curvy keepsake dies since they're retiring.
>> The tag was created very similar to the mini card. Only difference is that I stamped "welcome spring" from the Springtime Joy stamp set and punched it out with the Classic Label punch, which is also retiring (arghh...). I cut the label between the two words then adhered as shown. 
>> finish off the box by tying the tag with some white twine and a piece of 1/2" white faux linen ribbon.


Product List
Click on the following link to view the full list of products used for this project, except for the Purple Posy cardstock which is not orderable: https://s.tamp.in/-l0TlI 


Retiring Products









If you would like to see what products are retiring from the 2020-2021 Annual Catalog, check out my blog post here or head over to my Online Store.


This is all I have for you this week! I do hope you're inspired to create your own DSP with whatever stamp set you own! I'd love to hear from you so leave me a note in the comments below.

Until Next Time...  


2 comments:

  1. Fantastic projects!!! For real these are totally awesome. Your hand stamped pattern paper is bright and cheery. And, your die cut tip is the BEST. Thanks for joining along at TGIF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure appreciate it and I'm so glad you liked the stamped pattern paper! Thank you!

      Delete