Tuesday, April 13, 2021

A peek at the new "Etched in Nature" stamp set

 Hello Crafty Friends! 

Welcome to this week's blog post featuring the new Etched in Nature stamp set from the upcoming 2021-2022 Annual Catalog by Stampin' UP! (released on May 4th - I cannot show you the stamp images just yet until the catalog goes live). 

I admit I had a bit of a difficult time coming up with a good card with this stamp set because I'm not normally attracted to a lot of nature and abstract stamp sets like this. But Stampin' UP! sent it to me and provided me with the challenge so I took on the challenge to try to make something with it. 

CARD 1 - Cherish Happy Moments

Below is what I came up with for my first card.

I used my handy-dandy color chart to come up with a color combination of Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, Petal Pink and Very Vanilla.

I do enjoy the warm color combination for this card.

TIPS FOR THIS CARD

  • Use versamark ink to stamp the background
  • Cut one strip of the petal pink pattern from the In Good Taste DSP (designer series paper) to 3/4" x 4 3/4" and flag one end.
  • Cut one strip of Crumb Cake cardstock to 1/4" x 4" and flag one end then layer on top of DSP strip.
  • The Very Vanilla cardstock piece measures 2" x 3". I colored directly onto the stamp using Coastal Cabana and Petal Pink Stampin' Write Markers then stamped onto the cardstock for the background.
  • The butterfly image was stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock using Crumb Cake ink then colored with Petal Pink and Mint Macaron stampin' Blends. I added some Shimmery Crystal Effects for some shine.
  • Finish off the top of the Very vanilla piece with a strip of Scalloped Lace Trim and A Linen Thread bow.



SUPPLY LIST
Click on the following link to view a full list of products used for this card, minus the Etched in Nature stamp set, since I cannot show this image just yet. https://s.tamp.in/HURK-8


CARD 2 - Just For You
This second card is my favorite out of the two samples. I love the white background with that pop of color in the middle showing through the oval window.




TIPS FOR THIS CARD
  • Use the Evergreen Forest embossing folder for the 4 3/16" x 5 7/16" piece of Basic White cardstock.
  • Use your blending brushes along with Flirty Flamingo, Pear Pizzaz and So Saffron ink pads to create the background. After you're satisfied with how it looks, cut out the large oval using the Stitched Shape Dies. Emboss this piece with the Evergreen Forest embossing folder such that you place the cardstock to align with the Basic white piece that was embossed.
  • Create a frame from Basic white cardstock using the largest stitched oval die.
  • Use the Forever Fern dies to cut out the leaves from Mossy Meadow cardstock and arrange to adhere towards the bottom right side of the frame.
  • After stamping the bird image onto Basic White cardstock with Memento Ink, color the bird using the Crumb Cake, Blackberry Bliss, Mango Melody and So Saffron Stampin' Blend markers. I love that purple shading on the breast of the bird!
  • Stamp the sentiment onto a scrap piece of the background that was created with the blending brushes using Memento Ink and trim close around the sentiment. 
  • Finish off the card front with some linen thread behind the sentiment.


 


 


SUPPLY LIST

Click on the following link to view a full list of products used for this card, minus the Etched in Nature stamp set, since I cannot show this image just yet. https://s.tamp.in/Sku578


NEW 2021-2022 ANNUAL CATALOG
If  you are wanting your very own copy of the new catalog, contact your local demonstrator. If you don't have one, don't hesitate to reach out to me for a copy. I'll be happy to mail one out to you.


This is all I have for you today! I do hope you enjoyed these two projects and would love to hear your thoughts on which card you liked best in the comments section below! 

Until next time ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment