Thursday, November 3, 2022

No black ink with "Kindest Gnomes" bundle

Hello and Happy Happy November!

I LOVE November and I may be partial to it because it's my Birthday month 😉. 

This week I chose to play along with this week's TGIF Challenge 392 - What would you do... without black ink? 


This is definitely a challenge for me so I had to be careful about my choice of stamp set or bundle for this one. 

While I was admiring a cute little tag that was given to me by Erica Cerwin, from a class kit, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to re-use this tag and create a card with it. Sorry, I should've take a picture of the original tag to share with you. 

My creation uses the Kindest Gnomes Bundle, the Storybook Gnomes DSP, and the Snowfall Accents puff paint. All these products (and more) are included in the Storybook Gnomes Suite from page 42-43 of the 2022 Jan-June Mini Catalog by Stampin' UP! This bundle really does lend itself to creating projects without black ink so I was able to re-use the cute tag and join in on the challenge at the same time! 



Cardmaking Tips:

  • Cut 3/4" x 4-1/4" strips of DSP, Poppy Parade CS, and Calypso Coral CS to adhere to Balmy Blue card base. Stamp "Warm wishes" onto CS using Poppy Parade ink.
  • Assemble the gnome using the Storybook Gnomes Dies cut from Poppy Parade CS, Basic White CS, and Pale Papaya CS. 
  • Use the coordinating dies to cut a mushroom from the Storybook Gnomes DSP and place a drops of the Snowfall Accents Puff Paint onto the circles that are on the mushroom top. Heat paint with heat gun until puffy. Adhere the finished mushroom overhanging the Balmy Blue Scalloped rectangle (3rd largest die). Then adhere the gnome on top of the mushroom with dimensionals.
  • Cut a piece of basic white cardstock using the 3rd largest Deckled Rectangle die. Adhere the Balmy Blue rectangle centered on top.
  • Finish with the "warm wishes" sentiment stamped with versamark ink on Early Espresso CS. Use the heat tool for the white embossing powder. Cut off both ends of the sentiment piece with your scissors at an angle.
  • Finish off the inside of the card with the largest deckled rectangle from white CS and a mushroom.



Cardmaking Supplies:



Thanks so much for joining me today! 

Until next time ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment