Thursday, August 11, 2022

Fall pumpkin card

 Hello Crafty Friends!

This week I present to you a fall-style card that I created, inspired by this week's TGIF Challenges #380.


The fall season is my FAVORITE season of all, especially after enduring a very hot and dry summer, here in North Texas. 

I wanted to the focus of the card to be the pumpkin and I believe I was able to achieve the look I was going for. What do you think?



The only downfall to this card is that it wouldn't do very well in an envelope because of the curled-up cardstock. I was tempted to squish it but I couldn't bring myself to do it so I just left it alone. You could also consider creating this as a frame piece instead of a card. 

I'm running low on time to provide you with cardmaking tips but I can at least provide you with dimensions.

Cardmaking Tips

  • Use the largest deckled die for the frame
  • Use the retired 2nd smallest stitched oval from the Stitched Shapes dies. 
  • the top of the pumpkin was created by adhering two short pieces of Early Espresso faux suede trim, side by side.
  • the curly strips of paper were created by cutting an 1/8" strip of Crumb Cake cardstock and wrapping the strip around a skinny paint brush. Adhere some of the spots of the paper with tombow glue to keep them in place. 
  • use the Bermuda Bay Stampin' Blends to color onto a piece of Snowflake Specialty Vellum and also for the extra lines in the Gingham Cottage DSP.




Cardmaking Supplies



I do hope you enjoyed today's card. Please don't hesitate to let me know your thoughts in the comments below!

Until Next time ... 



No comments:

Post a Comment