Wednesday, March 24, 2021

#TGIFC308 - A beautiful Inspiration in time for Easter

Hello Crafty Friends! 

After a week of vacation and NO crafting, I'm ready to get back to it and I'm doing it just in time for the TGIF Challenge #308 - a beautiful inspiration challenge. 



For this challenge, I was inspired by the florals and the watercoloring. Most of the project was done with NO watercoloring except for the little leaves and the small pink flowers. I took a shortcut and stamped my images directly onto the watercolored paper from the Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper. (Side note: this paper was so popular that it is completely sold out! Since this DSP was included in the Butterfly Brilliance Collection, the collection (item 159408) will no longer be available for purchase. You can still purchase other promotional items separately at my Online Store.)


I had been eager to use a few stamp sets that I purchased and hadn't gotten around to use yet so this was the perfect time to use my Gift of Hope, Springtime Joy and His Love stamp sets. I truly do appreciate that Stampin' UP! provides us with some options for stamp sets that are focused on God and the truth of the scriptures.

There was a lot of fussy cutting involved here so allow me to provide you with some tips.

Project Tips
>> First stamp the floral image onto a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock using Memento ink. Fussy cut all around.

>> stamp the floral image again onto a piece of the Butterfly Bijou Designer Series Paper. Cut out all the little tulip-looking flowers to adhere to the other floral image on the Very Vanilla cardstock.

>> The empty space between the floral image was not wasted since I stamped the sheep image there in order to fussy cut out its coat, ears and head from the DSP. All these pieces were adhered to a stamped sheep piece of Very Vanilla that was cut out. 

>> I partially stamped the head again onto the pink shade of the DSP in order to cut out the 4 little flowers and pop them up with some mini dimensionals. Add a special touch with the silver metallic pearls in the centers of the flowers.


>> It's hard to tell in the picture above, but I did use some Wink of Stella for some added bling to all the flowers.
>> The sheep's little face and hooves were colored in with the dark Petal Pink stampin' blend.
>> The "lives" part of the sentiment was pieced together using letters from the Love you more than dies.
>> First arrange and adhere the letters using Tombow glue onto the Basic Black cardstock then use a pencil to trace an outline so you can cut it out with your scissors.

>> Finish off the inside of the card as shown below with fussy cutting the cross image that was stamped onto the Butterfly DSP and then some heat embossing using the His Love and Gift of Hope stamp sets.



PHEW! Didn't I tell you there was a lot of fussy cutting involved? While I had much fun making this card, I wouldn't want to make too many of these, lol!

Project Supplies
Click on the following link to obtain the full list of products used for this project (minus the Butterfly Bijou DSP): https://s.tamp.in/YXZE2l 

I do hope you have enjoyed today's project and are inspired by it. Feel free to comment below and let me know how you feel about fussy cutting!

Until next time ... 



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Love your design and great idea to stamp on the DSP! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tami. coming from you, it means alot! I'm a huge fan of all your work!

      Delete