Tuesday, March 9, 2021

#TGIFC306 - A Colorful Dragonfly

 Hello Crafty Friends!

Welcome to another blog post, inspired by this week's TGIF Challenge #306: Color Inspirations using Just Jade, Gorgeous Grape and Daffodil Delight.


I can't say I've paired these three colors together before so I'm glad for the challenge!

I chose to use these colors on my dragonfly in the card I created below.

 




 



I went for a simple layout that is black and white with a pop of color on the dragonfly. I love these kinds of layouts!



My Tips

>> Heat emboss 2 dragonfly images onto a white piece of cardstock using black embossing powder. 

>> Use Just Jade, Gorgeous Grape and Daffodil Delight Stampin' Write Markers to color the dragonfly.

>> Make sure to pop up the colorful dragonfly with some dimensionals and add another pair of wings on top of the dragonfly for some dimension as shown.

>> >> Heat emboss the sentiment onto the card front using black embossing powder. 

>> The inside of the card was similar to the front but I did not pop up or layer the dragonfly since it will get squished when you close the card. 



Supply List

The following link provides the list of supplies I used to create this project, except for the Black embossing powder: https://s.tamp.in/6lhPua


This is all I have for today! I do hope you enjoyed today's post and if you did, I'd love to hear how this inspired you! 

Until next time ... 


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! These colors work so well with the dragonfly!!! Thanks for joining TGIF Challenges this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the opportunity and for the inspiration!

      Delete