Tuesday, August 29, 2023

A slimline card using "Reach for Stars"

Hello crafty friends!

I know.... I've been incognito around here since my last post in June. Summer was definitely a very busy time of the year and I know I'm about to get busy again as soon as we head into the holiday season.

While I have the chance, I want to share my CASE'd version of a slimline card created by Kaitlyn over at Stampin' Through the Catalog Facebook Page. Her card uses products from the Stargazing Suite from page 86-87 of the 2023-2024 Annual Catalog by Stampin' UP! 


Below is Kaitlyn's version of the card.
Her card was just gorgeous and I knew I had to CASE it for a birthday card I wanted to make for my brother.

I didn't stray very far from her creation because I LOVED every single aspect of her design!



Cardmaking Tips:
  • Finished card size: 3-1/2" x 8-1/2" .
  • For this card, it is BEST to arrange your design where you want them before adhering your pieces down. Start with nailing down the location of the twine behind the planets. 
  • Use the following colors for the astronaut image: Lemon Lime Twist, and Azure Afternoon Stampin' Blends ; Crushed Curry Stampin' Write Marker.
  • Use Silver Foil to cut out the stars and the large ring from the coordinating die set. As for the sentiment, make sure it is stamped onto the foil using Stazon Ink then trim around the words and flag the right end.
  • For the inside of the card, left side, create a pocket to be able to insert some cash or a check. The pocket was created from a separate piece of Black cardstock. BTW, The $1mill dollar bill is not real
  • You may use The Slimline Envelopes (retired) or create your own slimline envelopes.

Cardmaking Supplies

All supplies used for this slimline card are in the table below, except for tools and adhesives.


THANK YOU SO MUCH for stopping by today! Until next time.... 


No comments:

Post a Comment