Thursday, May 26, 2022

TGIFC369 - Card with pocket using Abigail Rose Suite

 Hello Crafty friends! 

I am so excited to share with you my latest creation entered into this week's TGIF Challenges.


I must say that the Abigail Rose Suite is my favorite suite in the 2022-2023 Annual Catalog (pg.56-57) by Stampin' UP! The soft colors, textures and design are absolutely gorgeous!



My project came into being as I was looking ahead on having something for my boy's school teachers as we approach the end of the school year.  I had to create a beautifully elegant sleeve for this card to express the immense gratitude we have for our teachers. They truly are the heroes of our day!

I wanted to give the teacher a card to include a picture of my boy on one side and a note on the other side as you can see below.



I do plan on creating a video tutorial on how to make this so be on the lookout!

video coming soon

Until then, I will leave you with some dimensions below.

For the pocket

  • Finished size is 6" x 4". 
  • Cut a piece of Abigail Rose DSP to 6" x 8.5". Score along the long side at 2-1/4" and 6-1/4". Score along the short side at 1/2".  
  • for the layered bow, you'll need to cut a few pieces from the 7/8" natural finish ribbon: 1-9", 1-8", 1-6" and 1-2.5"

 For the Card

  • Finished size is 3-3/4" x 5-7/8" 
  • Rip about 1/4" off the top and bottom of a 3-1/2" x 3-3/4" piece of Mossy Meadow cardstock.
  • Adhere a 2-1/4" x 3-3/4" piece of Abigail Rose DSP onto the Mossy Meadow piece.
 
 
Cardmaking Supplies
 
 
 
Thank you SO MUCH for stopping by today! I hope you'll give the Abigail Rose Suite a try! It's so much fun to play with!
 
Until next time ...
 
 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment