Wednesday, December 23, 2020

"HOME" frame with interchangeable "O"

 Happy Wednesday crafty friends! 

We are only 2 days away from Christmas Day and I want to share with you a HOME décor piece that I put together as Christmas gifts for our family. 

This frame uses quite a few products from the Stampin' UP! 2020 holiday catalog as well as the NEW 2021 Mini Catalog (coming January 5th, 2021)! 

The frame itself I purchased from Walmart in the crafts section and is described as Barn Wood Plank with Twine Hanging Cord. It measures 5.5"H x 12"W.

While the ideal thing to do is to create a piece for each month of the year, I preferred to create 4 interchangeable pieces for each season of the year, knowing I had to create 8 frames.



I used some 5/8" hook and loop circles with a sticky back to make the pieces interchangeable as shown in the image below.


In order to give the recipients a place to hold the other pieces that aren't being used, I made a box with a lid from Kraft paper that is 4"W x 4"L x" 1.5"H. I then closed it up with the lovely 1" Shaded Spruce Argyle Satin Ribbon. This ribbon makes really good bows!

The Wood Plank

  • To create the H, M and E for this frame, I used my Silhouette Cameo machine by cutting out 3 of each letter (Elephant Font) from Very Vanilla Thick Cardstock. This is to ensure that I have sturdy letters that will give dimension to the frame. The H measures 3.5"H x 2.7"W, the M measures 3.5"H x 3"W and the E measures 3.5"H x 2.3"W.
  • I glued 2 of the same letter together with Tombo Glue then set aside to dry. 
  • Using a T-ruler, I glued the "H" 1/4" from the right edge and the "E" from the left edge using Tombo glue, onto the wood plank. I placed dimensionals on top of these letters then adhered the 2 letters that I adhered together previously, on top.
  • Lastly, I adhered one sticky back of the fuzzy hook and loop circle in the center of the blank space between the H and the M.

The Four "O" Pieces
Here's a close-up of the "O" pieces that I made and packaged them up in a Kraft box as storage while you wait for the next one to be used.


The Poinsettia Piece (winter)











This lovely Poinsettia was made using the following products: https://s.tamp.in/lHG4b3





















The Swirly Piece (Fall)










The most time consuming part about this fall piece was to separate the word "grateful" from the rest of the sentiment from the Beautiful Autumn Stamp set. I used my Early Espresso Stampin' Write Marker to color the word "grateful" and stamp it onto Very Vanilla Cardstock. I then lightly traced around the word with a pencil then cut it out with my scissors.

























The Dandelion Piece (Spring)










  • This cute piece was inspired by a card featured in the new 2021 Mini catalog made from the Dandy Garden Suite (pg. 24). 
  • The "welcome" word is from the Beautifully Braided stamp set that is now retired but I'm sure you can find another stamp set to substitute it.
  • The "Spring" word is put together from the Make a Difference Stamp Set.
  • Below is the list of products using to make this piece, MINUS the new products from the 2021 Mini Catalog: https://s.tamp.in/-uuH1i
























The Ice Cream Piece (Summer)





 












  • Most of the products used to make this piece is from the new Ice Cream Corner Suite of the 2021 Mini catalog. 
  • Below is the list of products using to make this piece, MINUS the new products from the 2021 Mini Catalog: https://s.tamp.in/-3FapY
























This is all I have for you today and hope you have been inspired to make some décor pieces of your own! 

Until next time... 






No comments:

Post a Comment