Sunday, October 7, 2012

Fall Craft Fair & box template

Lately I've been working on quite a few projects that I will be selling at a local craft fair this month. I'm excited yet nervous about the outcome! 

I would love your support by stopping by my booth on Saturday, October 27th from 9am-3pm at the Rowlett Christian Academy. Click HERE for more information and details.


I will be selling a wide variety of handmade items such as post-it note holders, gift card holders, christmas decorations, halloween treats, and more!!! I will post photos after the event has taken place. 

Until then, I want to leave you with a template that I created after I had run out of my little vellum treat bags from the Ghoulish Googlies Designer Kit on pg 27 of the Holiday catalog. Don't you just hate it when you run out of something?!!

Steps:
1) Start with a sheet of vellum or paper cut to 9 1/2" x 6"
 2) score at 5/8", 3 5/8", 4 3/8", 5 1/8", 8 1/8", and 8 7/8"

3) then score along the length of your paper at 4 7/8". Score at 4" only from the far right side to the 4 3/8" mark.

 4) using your diagonal plate, score diagonally along the lines as shown below in purple.

5) Fold your paper from left to right at the 3 5/8" mark where my embossing tool is.

6) grab the right side of the paper and fold over at the 8 1/8" mark so that the left and right edge overlap. Adhere together.

7) fold your box so that the 4 3/8" and 8 7/8" score lines are facing inside the box.

8) fold the bottom flaps of your box so that the diagonal lines are folded as shown. Adhere the two flaps together.

Ta-DAhhhhhh, you have a cool box to place all kinds of goodies in there!



 
Here's an example of Stampin Up's bag (on right) compared to the one I created (on left).

 Hope you enjoy your box template! if you have any questions, comment on my blog below.

Blog you again soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment