Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Stampin' UP Convention 2012 - Check In Day

It was my first time in Salt Lake City and at the 24th annual Stampin' UP! Convention. It certainly was exciting, yet overwhelming with all the activities that were occurring! There were about 3500 people there (including men and women and children). Yes, there were some men in attendance and I give them "props" for being brave amongst so many crazy ladies!


Day one started with check-in day. My roomates and I were quick to get our exclusive SU! bag filled with goodies!


that's me!

Left to right: Nisha and Barb



Left to right: Barb, me, Nisha
Our next stop was at the "demonstrator's resource center"......it was like SU's version of Disneyland! There were hundreds of beautiful cards and projects featuring products from our current 2012 catalogs (including the holiday caddy).




Then we were off to get a head start on our make n takes! this was a wonderful idea considering that we were going to be short on time during the make n take sessions.


 While I was so excited to get my make n take on, I had to stop to take some time for a tour of the corporate office located in Riverton. This was my ONLY chance and I'm so glad I took it!


They call this room the "Legacy Museum".  It was filled with Stampin' UP! legacies all the way from their humble beginnings to beautiful displays created by their concept artists. 


 The distribution center (shown below) is humongous! The very helpful staff informed us about how they get your order to your door so quickly and accurately. All I have to say is ORGANIZATION!!!


 This is the atrium (below), where all gather for breaks and lunch. It's nothing short of beautiful! 



I am skipping alot of goodies but my tour ends at the famous Stampin' UP rock. It's definitely one of a kind!

 

As the day came closer to an end, I did my first convention card swap and it was well organized and fun! I got 50 swap cards! And believe me, I didn't even compare to the 800 swap cards that some ladies made at convention! I might shoot for 100 next time, but NOT 800!!!

 I had mentioned to you in my previous post that I was going to show you my full swap card and guess what.....I swapped and never got around to a full picture!!! I'm SO SO SO sorry!!! Better luck next time.


Last but not least! many demos got together for the final event of the night.....a My Digital Studio class hosted by Holly Lindford (who was aMazInG!). This class was so awesome, fun, and informative! All I have to say is..........be on the look-out for MDS2!!! You will not regret it!!!


From left to right: Denise, Caren, Jessica (me), and Samantha

 As I've mentioned before, check in day of our convention was off to a wonderful start and I couldn't wait to see what was next! Stay tuned for day 1 of my convention experience tomorrow! Hope you are enjoying yourself so far!



,

No comments:

Post a Comment